Inspection & Testing Engineer
As an Inspection and Testing Engineer you will oversee and manage all elements of Inspection & Testing (I&T) for the company. Carryout I&T when required and review test results when testing is done by others. Implement on site training for site electricians to ensure the level of competency with regards to I&T, is raised throughout the site team. Undertake I&T projects, including Emergency Lighting reports, heat gun analysis and PAT testing as requested by clients.
Health and Safety
- Adhere to all Health & Safety at Work Regulations, site (CDM) regulations and the company Health & Safety Policy.
- Read, understand and sign risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) and communicate to anyone working with you. Inform PM of any feedback on RAMS.
- Complete and undertake Toolbox talks as directed by PM. Attend site CDM Toolbox talks.
- Ensure both yourself and those within your site team are adequately trained and competent in the work they are undertaking, including specialist training e.g. IPAF, SPA etc. Report any shortcoming to the PM.
- Ensure plant and equipment used on site is safe to use. Report any defects to the PM.
- Report all accidents and near misses to the PM and complete follow up reports as required.
- Ensure you and anyone working with you familiarise yourselves with site safety including first aiders and welfare facilities.
- Promote a safe working environment both within your department and across the company.
Duties and responsibilities
- Familiarise yourself with the agreed ‘Scope of Works’ on the job/project you are testing.
- Control and schedule workload including liaising with Projects department when you require assistance to complete a job.
- Report to the Project Manager (PM) on progress of work through daily correspondence.
- Liaise with the PM on any issues of concern e.g. Scope of Works, documentation, cable sizes, timeframes, other employees/contractors.
- Report all variations/extras to the PM for agreement.
- Review test results when done by others to ensure results are acceptable.
- Ensure tool and van checks are carried out and recorded.
- Work with clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- At the end of the job/project, leave work complete with no reason to return. Carryout on site snagging, report defects and/or poor workmanship to both the Site Supervisor and the PM.
- Conduct annual company PAT testing.
- Record Megger register and arrange calibration of meggers as required.
- Be willing to learn and develop within the role up to and including basic plant commissioning. Familiarise yourself in plant operation and set a good positive example in everything you do to encourage others, especially from quality and health & safety perspectives.
- Perform any other duties to the best of your ability as requested by the PM or senior management.
If you have current experience or you’re interested in joining our industry, we want to hear from you.Upload CV
If you have current experience or you’re interested in joining our industry, we want to hear from you. Please upload your CV below:Download Application